Boston Reed is committed to using reasonable efforts to abide by the following Policy.
Personally-Identifiable information includes, for example, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, employer, title, user ID and password, IP address, student performance data and “click-stream” data that tracks users activity on this and other Boston Reed websites or online services. A subset of that category of data, such as social security numbers, personal financial account data and information about specific medical conditions, is considered sensitive and such information will only be collected to the extent that Boston Reed deems reasonably necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose.
Boston Reed collects information in several ways from different parts of our various websites. We may ask you for personally identifying information, including but not limited to, when you download a file (such as a .PDF file) from us, when you ask us to contact you, when you join a mailing list, and when you report a problem with one of our sites or services. Personally identifiable information may be collected when the website user provides the information in response to an advertisement, a request for information or when registering for a Boston Reed service. If you contact Boston Reed, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Students may elect to enroll in a Boston Reed Program or Course using a Boston Reed website. Almost all Boston Reed Programs and Courses include online modules that record student performance information. Boston Reed may ask for personal information in our efforts to collect School and Program performance data pursuant to state regulatory requirements. Boston Reed also occasionally may ask users to complete surveys that we use for research. Boston Reed may collect personal information in connection with any online employment applications.
Please be aware that if you disclose Personally-identifiable information on a website message board, social media website or chat area, even if these sites concern Boston Reed, you will have disclosed your information to a third party service. Such third parties may collect and use the information without Boston Reed’s or your knowledge. Similarly, such third parties may send unsolicited communications to you. Such activities are beyond the control of Boston Reed.
Boston Reed’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our websites, and to service your requests. This includes personalization services and interactive communications.
The information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- To analyze how the website is being accessed and used;
- To improve site performance and delivery;
- To respond to user-initiated requests;
- To determine admissibility and in the enrollment process for selected educational programs;
- To provide requested products and services;
- For internal marketing purposes, which includes but is not limited to, sending materials about programs, products, services, updates and other information we think may be of interest;
- For fostering communication and collaboration among members of the Boston Reed community, including alumni, through social networks;
- For sharing with our business associates who are performing services on our behalf;
- To maintain business records for reasonable periods and/or as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit or security requirements applicable to Boston Reed, our educational partners or our business associates; and
- For displaying ads or other content related to your visit to our websites.
In addition the uses listed above, Boston Reed may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Customer Service: Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email and we also will contact you by telephone and, in some cases, by text message. You may select a preferred method of communication. We also will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. If you are not a student, you may opt-out (please see the “Opt-out” section of this policy).
Program/Course Enrollment: Our online enrollment services use your email address to track your enrollment. This allows us to assist you throughout the enrollment process, send you a copy of the enrollment agreement and contact you in case there is a problem or a need for additional information in processing your enrollment.
Externship Placements: Some Boston Reed Programs include an externship requirement. In coordinating externship placements, Boston Reed is required to collect and use certain personal information about students in order to make placement determinations.
School Performance Fact Sheets: Boston Reed is required by regulation to obtain and provide certain information concerning student performance and post-graduation job placement. Accordingly, Boston Reed will use personally identifiable information to contact students and former students in an effort to collect this data.
Service-related Announcements: We will send service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For example, where system maintenance work may interfere with access to online resources. If you are not an active student, you may opt-out of receiving these communications (please see the Opt-Out section of this Policy).
Testimonials/Comments/Reviews: We may post testimonials, comments and reviews we receive on our websites. These contributions may contain personally identifiable information.
Surveys or Contests: From time-to-time we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests on our websites. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice as to whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information. We may use this information to monitor company efforts to reach our target audience, as well as to understand how our audience perceives these efforts. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Special Offers, Updates and Newsletters: We occasionally may send you information on programs that we offer. We use your name and email address to send you this information. If you do not want to receive these types of communications, you may opt-out (please see the “Opt-out” section of this policy).
Referrals/Recommendations: If you choose to use our referral service to email information from our website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him/her to visit the site. This email will contain your name and email address. Boston Reed does not store your friend’s information.
If you receive an email from us marked "Tell a Friend," these messages have been sent via a web-form by an individual who indicated that they were a colleague or friend of yours and wanted you to receive information about something they were browsing on our website, such as a newly released Program or Course. The name and email address of the individual who has sent you the referral will be included in the email you receive. Email addresses to which we send Tell-a-Friend messages are NOT saved for our further use. The software we use to send these messages is "double-blind," meaning that we do not know whom these messages are being sent, and you will not be contacted by us again in the future as a result of receiving or sending one of these referrals or recommendations.
- Remind us of who you are and to access your information stored on our computer in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. For example, where you left off when you last exited a Program module;
- Automate certain areas of the Boston Reed websites or online forms; and
- Estimate the number of users at a given time and measure traffic patterns as users negotiate our websites.
In order to perform these functions, Boston Reed may tie personally identifiable information, such as email address, to our cookies. Boston Reed also collects IP addresses, browser information and other computer information to report aggregate information to our marketing department. In addition to cookies, Boston Reed may use local shared objects to store your preferences so that we can personalize your visit to our websites. For example, we may display content based upon what you previously viewed on our website.
- When Boston Reed, in its sole discretion, determines that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Boston Reed’s Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the rights, property or safety of Boston Reed, its personnel, other Boston Reed website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- When in good faith Boston Reed believes that the law requires disclosure or when required by court order, subpoena or pursuant to a law enforcement agency’s inquiry;
- When Boston Reed undergoes an organizational change, such as a merger or acquisition by another company or the sale of all or a portion of Boston Reed's assets;
- When Boston Reed uses third parties to provide services to you, such as Live Chat, to assist you in using our websites. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose; and
- When access to the information is for administrative or other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services.
Links: Boston Reed's websites may contain links to other websites, including those of Boston Reed's affiliated companies. Please note that these other websites' privacy policies may differ from Boston Reed's and we encourage you to carefully read those policies, as well. Boston Reed is not responsible for and does not endorse the contents of any website of another party or for the policies or actions of any such party.
Boston Reed is committed to ensuring the security of your information. Employees and agents of Boston Reed who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services thy are performing for Boston Reed. Additionally, we use industry-standard processes designed to protect the security, integrity and privacy of our website users. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosure of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Boston Reed cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online �?? for example through email, social media, chat areas �?? that this information can be collected and used by others. Ultimately, you are solely responsible taking appropriate precautions to protect your personal information when you are on the internet, such as changing passwords often, using a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, using a secure browser and maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
If you choose, you can opt-out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes:
- If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To stop receiving phone calls, email us at email@example.com and state that you wish to be placed on our DO NOT CALL lists; and
- To stop receiving text messages, respond to our test with the single word STOP, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow a reasonable time for us to implement your request.
NOTE: If you are an active student of Boston Reed, you may not opt-out of receiving communications. Additionally, your browser must be set to allow Boston Reed’s cookies, flash cookies or other Click Stream technologies to operate. If you disable these features, your online Program modules will not work properly.